Smooth out and reduce fine lines and wrinkles in your brow, forehead and crows feet while still leaving your natural facial appearance. This simple and effective treatment takes about 20minutes and lasts anywhere from 3-4 months. Botox Cosmetic is a safe and successful treatment made by Allergen and is FDA approved.
WHAT IS BOTOX COSMTIC?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple, nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people from 18 to 65 years of age. It is the only treatment of its type approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
One 10-minute treatment—a few tiny injections—and within days there's a noticeable improvement in moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, which can last up to 4 months. Results may vary.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, which reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those frown lines between the brows to form over time.
In 2005, almost 3.3 million procedures were performed with FDA-approved BOTOX® Cosmetic.
There’s only one BOTOX® Cosmetic. Talk to your doctor to see if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you!
BOTOX COSMETICS May Work for You
When it comes to selecting a physician-administered aesthetic treatment, chances are you’ll want proof, not just claims. The proof for BOTOX® Cosmetic is in the numbers.
- In clinical trials, nearly 90% of men and women surveyed rated the improvement in the appearance of frown lines between their brows as moderate to better 1 month after treatment. Results vary.
- Results can last for up to 4 months, and may vary.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002 for the temporary treatment of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people ages 18 to 65, and almost 3.3 million procedures were performed in 2005 alone.
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ranked BOTOX® Cosmetic as the most popular physician-administered aesthetic procedure in the United States for the fourth year in a row (surgical and nonsurgical combined).
So why not ask Dr. Gregory Keller if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you?
Important Safty Information
BOTOX® Cosmetic is approved for the temporary treatment of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people ages 18–65.
Serious heart problems and serious allergic reactions have been reported rarely. If you think you’re having an allergic reaction or other unusual symptoms, such as difficulty swallowing, speaking or breathing, call your doctor immediately. The most common side effects following injection include temporary eyelid droop and nausea. Localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising may be associated with the injection. Patients with certain neuromuscular disorders such as ALS, myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome may be at increased risk of serious side effects.
THE INJECTION PROCESS
The beauty of a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment is that it's a simple, 10-minute, non-surgical process. A few tiny injections, and within days there can be a noticeable improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines between the brows that can last up to 4 months. Results may vary. And there’s no recovery time. You can even do it on your lunch break.
- Your doctor will administer several tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate to severe frown lines between the brows.
- Your doctor will determine where to administer the injections by examining your ability to move certain muscles in your brow area. The location, size, and use of the muscles that create a furrowed brow vary markedly among individuals.
- No anesthesia is required, although your doctor may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream prior to injecting. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief.
- You can expect to be in and out of the physician’s office without downtime. You may see a marked improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines between your brows within days. Improvement may continue for as long as a month, and could last up to 4 months.
SIDE EFECTS OF BOTOX COSMETIC
It's all about freedom of expression....
Do not use BOTOX® Cosmetic if you:
- have an infection where BOTOX® Cosmetic will be injected
- are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® Cosmetic
- are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
What should I tell my doctor before using BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Only your doctor can decide if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you. Before starting treatment, tell your doctor if you:
- have any diseases that affect your nerves and muscles. These diseases may increase your chance of side effects with BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment.
- are breastfeeding
- are planning to become pregnant soon.
Can any of my medicines interact with BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Be sure that your doctor knows the names of all the medicines you are using, including:
- antibiotics used to treat infections, such as gentamicin, tobramycin, clindamycin, and lincomycin
- medicines used to treat heart rhythm problems, such as quinidine
- medicines used to treat different conditions, such as myasthenia gravis or Alzheimer’s disease.
As with all prescription medicines, you should also notify your doctor if you are taking any over-the-counter medicines or herbal products.
This is not a complete list of medicines that can interact with BOTOX® Cosmetic. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for the Professional Package Insert for complete information.